FAL Rifle Springfield SAR-4800
FAL Rifle Springfield SAR-4800
- Springfield SAR-4800
- 7.62mm NATO(7.62x51)
- 3-20 round FAL Magazines
- Nylon Sling
- Carry Handle
- Receiver Made in Brazil
- NRA Rated Good
Up for sale is a PRE BAN Springfield SAR 4800 that has been built into a British Enfield L1A1 FAL rifle. That's pre 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, the ban that matters for ownership in ban restricted states. Hopefully that will calm down all of you 1989 fanatics. This rifle appears to be mostly Enfield parts as the lower, bolt carrier, bolt, and gas block are all Enfield marked. The bolt carrier and the bolt have also been stamped with the serial number of the receiver. These Springfield receivers were built by Imbel in Brazil, and are forged steel receivers, better than the cast FN receivers actually, just not as collectible. Most of these rifles are FAL pattern, standard 50.00 to use the Belgian designation, so this one in Commonwealth L1A1 inch pattern is pretty uncommon. When this rifle was built though, the metric magazine catch on the receiver was retained, so it uses the much more common metric FAL magazines. They also didn't modify the charging handle cut for the folding inch handle, they left it able to accept a metric one should you ever decide to change it back to a metric pattern rifle. The folding charging handle was modified on this rifle to fold flat against the metric cut receiver, and is a BSA part. Also included are a B Square brand railed top cover, two extra military surplus magazines for a total of three, and a nylon tactical carrying case to put it all in. This is a terrific package that will serve someone very well!
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. You must talk to your FFL BEFORE you place your order, to make sure they will handle the transfer & legality of the firearm in your area. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have. By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms you are acknowledging and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions outlined in the Terms And Conditions section.
Important Magazine Information
Atlantic Firearms follows all state regulations regarding the sale of high capacity magazines. Due to multiple states and cities now enforcing various magazine restrictions and more coming we will not ship magazines that are restricted in your area with firearms to the states listed below. If the mag that comes with the firearm is not legal in your state or city the magazine will be removed from the shipment. We do not offer custom magazine requests to swap out, ship to another state, refund, pinning of mag, substitutions, dealer approval or other. Hopefully we will see changes to these laws and violations to our second amendment rights. We apologize for this but we simply cannot accommodate each and every magazine request with over 30 different laws, regulations and restrictions impacting states, cities and local jurisdictions throughout the country. It is the customers responsibility to be informed of your local laws prior to completing your purchase. Atlantic Firearms is not responsible for any issues that may arise with magazines shipped to you or your FFL dealer that may not be legal in your area due to a change in current laws.
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have.
By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms you are acknowledging and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions outlined in the Terms And Conditions section.
Please see our High Capacity Magazine Policy HERE.
Condition Standards for Antique/Surplus Firearms (As defined by the National Rifle Association)
- FACTORY NEW- all original parts; 100% original finish; in perfect condition in every respect, inside and out.
- EXCELLENT- all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; unmarred wood; fine bore.
- FINE- all original parts; over 30% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; minor marks in wood, good bore.
- VERY GOOD- all original parts; none to 30% original finish; original metal surfaces smooth with all edges sharp; clear lettering, numerals and design on metal; wood slightly scratched or bruised; bore disregarded for collectors firearms.
- GOOD- some minor replacement parts; metal smoothly rusted or lightly pitted in places, cleaned or reblued; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal legible; wood refinished, scratched, bruised or minor cracks repaired; in good working order.
- FAIR- some major parts replaced; minor replacement parts may be required; metal rusted, may be lightly pitted all over, vigorously cleaned or reblued; rounded edges of metal and wood; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal partly obliterated; wood scratched, bruised, cracked or repaired where broken; in fair working order or can be easily repaired and placed in working order.
- POOR- major and minor parts replaced; major replacement parts required and extensive restoration needed; metal deeply pitted; principal lettering, numerals and design obliterated; wood badly scratched, bruised, cracked or broken; mechanically inoperative; generally undesirable as a collectors firearm.
The process of grading and inspecting surplus firearms is very subjective and involves numerous details. We always try our best to be as accurate as possible, but we do not inspect firearms and rely on the rating provided by the importer. It is important with the nature of surplus firearms that it be thoroughly cleaned and inspected before use, preferably by a knowledgeable and trained Gunsmith. Please make sure that you are using the correct ammo for the firearm and understand the safe operating procedure.There is no warranty or returns offered on surplus firearms unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by email with [email protected].
Acceptance of NRA Condition Rating
By purchasing this surplus item you acknowledge that you have read and understand the NRA Rating System for surplus items as defined by the National Rifle Association outlined in the product description. The NRA Rating system provides a nationally recognized standard to judge the surplus condition. Please make sure you have reviewed the condition rating and the NRA rating list posted in the item listing.Any returned surplus items that fall within these ratings will be subject to our return restocking policy.
This item is being sold as is listed and pictured. There are no expressed or implied warranties or returns accepted by Atlantic Firearms on this item. By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms LLC you are accepting these terms and all sales are final.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov