CZ 82 Pistol 9mm- Czechoslovakian Military Surplus- Fair
CzechPoint Inc. is located in the United States was launched in October 2008. They are a direct partner with Czech Small Arms, a firearms manufacturer located in Jablunka, Czech Republic. CzechPoint is the sole importer and primary distributor for the following Czech Small Arms (CSA) manufactured firearms the Sa vz. 58 Sporter rifle, the Sa vz.58 Sporter pistol, and the Sa vz. 61 Pistol. CzechPoint is proud to be the sole importer and distributor of Alfa Proj revolvers manufactured in Brno, Czech Republic. CzechPoint will help to eliminate communication issues and offer firearms dealers and buyers a source of contact for CSA products.
CZ 82 Pistol 9mm- Czechoslovakian Military Surplus- Fair
- CZ 82 9MM Pistol
- Military Surplus
- Double action
- Caliber: 9×18 mm Makarov
- Overall length: 172mm
- Weight: 920g loaded
- Barrel length: 96mm
- Magazine capacity: 12-rounds (9mm)
- Condition: Rated NRA Fair, no special requests
VZ 82 Pistol is a standard sidearm of the Czech army since 1982. VZ 82 was manufactured from 1983 to 1992, when it was merged with similar commercial design CZ-83 (originally offered in 7.65 Browning and 9mm Browning Short). The VZ 82 was developed to replace the obsolete 7.62mm VZ 52 pistols then in service with Czechoslovak army. During the early 1980s Czechoslovak army, under pressure from USSR, replaced the older 7.62x25mm ammunition with Soviet 9x18mm Makarov ammunition, which also required a new pistol. Instead of simply taking the Soviet design (Makarov PM) along with its cartridge, Czechs developed their own pistol, which, in some respects, is superior to the "gun of the big brother" (Makarov PM). They also produced their own 9x18mm ammunition as "pistolovy naboj VZ 82", which they claimed to be 20% more powerful than standard Soviet 9x18mm PM ammunition. The VZ 82 pistol was developed at the CZ factory in Uhersky Brod and has greater magazine capacity (12-rounds vs. 8), better fit and finish, and much better ergonomics. On the other hands, VZ 82 is more complicated and, thus, is more expensive to make. Still, it is an excellent and reliable pistol, one of the best defensive pistols on the market today. It is somewhat heavy by modern standards, but the all-steel construction makes it almost indestructible, and additional weigh helps to control pistol in rapid fire.
The CZ 82 operation is a simple blow back design and double action with a fixed barrel. This design was simpler, smaller and cheaper than the CZ 75 pistol to manufacture. Several design features have been inspired by the German Walther PP. Unlike the Makarov PM it features a double stack magazine, ambidextrous controls and plastic grip plates. The CZ 82 is very similar but has a differently shaped trigger guard and is available in three calibers. To lower production costs only the latter model was retained. The CZ 82 pistol in 9x18 Makarov would make a great Surplus Firearm addition to any collection. Whether you are a collector or just looking for something cool to take to the range the CZ 82 fits the build. NRA rated Fair.
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. You must talk to your FFL BEFORE you place your order, to make sure they will handle the transfer & legality of the firearm in your area. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have. By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms you are acknowledging and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions outlined in the Terms And Conditions section.
Important Magazine Information
Atlantic Firearms follows all state regulations regarding the sale of high capacity magazines. Due to multiple states and cities now enforcing various magazine restrictions and more coming we will not ship magazines that are restricted in your area with firearms to the states listed below. If the mag that comes with the firearm is not legal in your state or city the magazine will be removed from the shipment. We do not offer custom magazine requests to swap out, ship to another state, refund, pinning of mag, substitutions, dealer approval or other. Hopefully we will see changes to these laws and violations to our second amendment rights. We apologize for this but we simply cannot accommodate each and every magazine request with over 30 different laws, regulations and restrictions impacting states, cities and local jurisdictions throughout the country. It is the customers responsibility to be informed of your local laws prior to completing your purchase. Atlantic Firearms is not responsible for any issues that may arise with magazines shipped to you or your FFL dealer that may not be legal in your area due to a change in current laws.
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have.
By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms you are acknowledging and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions outlined in the Terms And Conditions section.
Please see our High Capacity Magazine Policy HERE.
Condition Standards for Antique/Surplus Firearms (As defined by the National Rifle Association)
- FACTORY NEW- all original parts; 100% original finish; in perfect condition in every respect, inside and out.
- EXCELLENT- all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; unmarred wood; fine bore.
- FINE- all original parts; over 30% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; minor marks in wood, good bore.
- VERY GOOD- all original parts; none to 30% original finish; original metal surfaces smooth with all edges sharp; clear lettering, numerals and design on metal; wood slightly scratched or bruised; bore disregarded for collectors firearms.
- GOOD- some minor replacement parts; metal smoothly rusted or lightly pitted in places, cleaned or reblued; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal legible; wood refinished, scratched, bruised or minor cracks repaired; in good working order.
- FAIR- some major parts replaced; minor replacement parts may be required; metal rusted, may be lightly pitted all over, vigorously cleaned or reblued; rounded edges of metal and wood; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal partly obliterated; wood scratched, bruised, cracked or repaired where broken; in fair working order or can be easily repaired and placed in working order.
- POOR- major and minor parts replaced; major replacement parts required and extensive restoration needed; metal deeply pitted; principal lettering, numerals and design obliterated; wood badly scratched, bruised, cracked or broken; mechanically inoperative; generally undesirable as a collectors firearm.
The process of grading and inspecting surplus firearms is very subjective and involves numerous details. We always try our best to be as accurate as possible, but we do not inspect firearms and rely on the rating provided by the importer. It is important with the nature of surplus firearms that it be thoroughly cleaned and inspected before use, preferably by a knowledgeable and trained Gunsmith. Please make sure that you are using the correct ammo for the firearm and understand the safe operating procedure.There is no warranty or returns offered on surplus firearms unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by email with [email protected].
Acceptance of NRA Condition Rating
By purchasing this surplus item you acknowledge that you have read and understand the NRA Rating System for surplus items as defined by the National Rifle Association outlined in the product description. The NRA Rating system provides a nationally recognized standard to judge the surplus condition. Please make sure you have reviewed the condition rating and the NRA rating list posted in the item listing.Any returned surplus items that fall within these ratings will be subject to our return restocking policy.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov