AIMS 74 Rifle Kit- SSF
AIMS 74 Rifle Kit- SSF
- Original Romanian Military AIMS-74 Rifle Parts Kit
- 22mm Muzzle Device
- 23mm Front Trunnion Journal
- Collectible AK-74 Variant
- East German MPi Furniture
- Very Good to Excellent Condition
- May be missing a small part/pin(s) from demilling
- May show rust on cut areas
- FFL Not Required, this is not a complete firearm
- Markings may vary
The AK74 rifle is chambered in 5.45x39 and was first put into military service in 1974. The AK74 and the 5.45x39mm cartridge offered better accuracy and range as compared to the older AK47 rifles chambered in 7.62x39mm. The Romania introduced their version in 1986 as the Pușcă Automată model 1986 (Automatic Rifle Model 1986 or PA md. 86. These rifles were manufactured in Cugir, Romania by the ROMARM Arsenal. The export names for this variant are the AIMS-74. CUR-2, WUM-2 & the WASR 2. Atlantic was able to obtain a shipment of these rifles that are in excellent condition and have East German furniture. These were a Military contract order overrun that specified DDR stock sets. We were able to inspect the rifles prior to the demilling process and most appear to be unfired. However, to be transparent we will conservatively rate them Very Good to Excellent condition.
The AIMS 74 rifle has several unique features that make it easily identifiable. Probably the most noticeable variance is the angle of the charging handle. It is angled upward or as many call it "upswept". The next most noticeable variance would be the gas block and the barrel profile. The Romanians used a 23mm barrel journal instead of a 22 mm barrel journal like the Soviets used. The front sight base and design also differ. The protective ears of the site post are open in a u shape instead of in a circular shape as you see on the Soviet pattern AK-74s. The bayonet lug is also positioned to function with the 22 mm muzzle device when attaching the bayonet. Again the Soviet pattern differs in that it uses a 24 mm muzzle device and different Bayonet lug location. Other subtle variances can be seen in the selector lever design as well as the magazine release. The Romanian aims 74 variant is very unique and collectible within the Kalashnikov community. Secure one for your collection or next build today.
Condition Standards for Antique/Surplus Firearms (As defined by the National Rifle Association)
- FACTORY NEW- all original parts; 100% original finish; in perfect condition in every respect, inside and out.
- EXCELLENT- all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; unmarred wood; fine bore.
- FINE- all original parts; over 30% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; minor marks in wood, good bore.
- VERY GOOD- all original parts; none to 30% original finish; original metal surfaces smooth with all edges sharp; clear lettering, numerals and design on metal; wood slightly scratched or bruised; bore disregarded for collectors firearms.
- GOOD- some minor replacement parts; metal smoothly rusted or lightly pitted in places, cleaned or reblued; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal legible; wood refinished, scratched, bruised or minor cracks repaired; in good working order.
- FAIR- some major parts replaced; minor replacement parts may be required; metal rusted, may be lightly pitted all over, vigorously cleaned or reblued; rounded edges of metal and wood; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal partly obliterated; wood scratched, bruised, cracked or repaired where broken; in fair working order or can be easily repaired and placed in working order.
- POOR- major and minor parts replaced; major replacement parts required and extensive restoration needed; metal deeply pitted; principal lettering, numerals and design obliterated; wood badly scratched, bruised, cracked or broken; mechanically inoperative; generally undesirable as a collectors firearm.
The process of grading and inspecting surplus firearms is very subjective and involves numerous details. We always try our best to be as accurate as possible, but we do not inspect firearms and rely on the rating provided by the importer. It is important with the nature of surplus firearms that it be thoroughly cleaned and inspected before use, preferably by a knowledgeable and trained Gunsmith. Please make sure that you are using the correct ammo for the firearm and understand the safe operating procedure.There is no warranty or returns offered on surplus firearms unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by email with [email protected].
Acceptance of NRA Condition Rating
By purchasing this surplus item you acknowledge that you have read and understand the NRA Rating System for surplus items as defined by the National Rifle Association outlined in the product description. The NRA Rating system provides a nationally recognized standard to judge the surplus condition. Please make sure you have reviewed the condition rating and the NRA rating list posted in the item listing.Any returned surplus items that fall within these ratings will be subject to our return restocking policy.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov