VZ2008 Rifle-VZ58 Rifle Style-RI3678-X
Century Arms is a US based importer and manufacturer of Military type firearms and accessories. Founded in 1961 by William Sucher, Century Arms has grown to be one of the largest surplus importers in the US. They offer a variety of AK47 Rifles from Romania & Serbia plus US based production. Century also offers several Draco AK 47 Pistols in various configurations including SB Tactical braces. They are not limited to AK47 firearms and have branched out into AR15 , UZI, CETME firearms parts and ammunition. Atlantic Firearms is a Century Arms direct distributor.
VZ 2008 Rifle Features
- UPC 787450594333
- Model RI3678-X
- Caliber: 7.62x39 mm
- Action: Gas operated, tilting breech block
- Overall length: 913 mm / 35.94''
- Barrel length: 410 mm / 16.14''
- Thread pattern on barrel 14 x 1 right hand
- Weight: with empty magazine 3.32 kg / 7.32 lbs
- Magazine capacity: 30 rounds Comes with (x2) 30 round mags supplies last!
- Sights: 100 to 800 meter adjustable rear, hooded front
- Stock: Wood-impregnated plastic
- Manufacturer: Century Arms
These VZ2008 Rifles from Century Arms are a great deal to get into a military style VZ rifle with a great look. We have not seen these in a very long time and are excited to have them available again! Milled receiver and traditional Wood-impregnated stock set give it that original classic style and feel we all like with the VZ Rifle series!
The Sa vz. 58 was developed by Ing. Jiri Cermak in 1956 and 1957, adopted by the Czechoslovakian army in 1958. and was produced by Ceska Zbrojovka in Uhersky Brod, Czechoslovakia until 1983. Approximately one million Sa vz. 58 rifles were produced during it's 20 year production run. As of 2007, it is still the standard issue service rifle in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The Military Sporter models are manufactured by combining original Sa vz. 58 components with a new semi-auto only milled receiver, a new trigger mechanism and new fire control parts and new barrel.
While the appearance of the VZ 58 looks similar to the AK-47, it was inspired by the German STG 44 and initial development was actually based on the 7.92 x 33. Mechanically, the VZ 58 is completely different from the AK-47, and no parts including magazines are interchangeable. Stock Set, Mag and Pouch are Surplus and will show character and usage. Main metal parts are all refinished and matching on rifle. Sorry no special request.
Differences between the VZ 58 Sporter and the AK-47
- The VZ 58 has a milled receiver, the AK-47 is stamped.
- Even with the milled receiver it is almost one pound lighter than a stamped AK-47.
- The bolt of the VZ 58 stays open after the last round in the magazine has been fired.
- The VZ 58 has a more natural point of aim and is faster handling.
- The safety is more ergonomic making a faster first shot possible with the VZ 58.
- The ejection port is HUGE. There is no chance of an empty case getting stuck in the action of the VZ 58.
- The VZ 58 gas piston can be removed or exchanged without tools.
- The alloy magazine of the VZ 58 is half the weight of the steel AK-47 magazine. (.42 lb. vs. .84 lb.)
- VZ 58 is easier to field strip.
- The VZ 58 is striker fired unlike the hammer fired AK-47. This reduces the number of parts and possible points of failure.
PLEASE NOTE: If you live in a magazine restricted state we remove the hi cap mag and will be glad to substitute with a 10 round mag IF AVAILABLE. If a 10 round mag is not available we will remove the hi cap magazine from the shipment. We cannot ship prohibited magazines to out of state addresses. There will be no substitutions or discounts offered for removal of mags.
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have.
By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms you are acknowledging and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions outlined in the Terms And Conditions section.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov