News Flash : Orders may take 5-7 business days to ship out. Covid 19 Virus workplace restrictions and increase in demand may cause delays in email or phone responses .It could take 24 -48 hours based on the incoming volume of inquires. Sorry no changes to orders once placed. If purchasing a Firearms please Verify legality of the item with your FFL dealer BEFORE ordering to avoid cancelation fees. Please review the How to Buy section and other directions Before ordering. Stay Safe & Wash Your Hands!
Chinese Type 56 SKS Rifle- C&R FFL Eligible
The AK47 Rifle was developed by Mikhail Kalashnikov and introduced into Russian Military service in 1947 and fires the 762 x 39 caliber . Designed to be mass produced and easy to maintain in the field the AK proved itself in conflicts all over the globe and often called the Grim Reaper . The looser tolerances of the AK-47 allow it to work in dirty conditions with little maintenance . The Kalashnikov design has gained in popularity for those wanting a rugged & reliable home defense weapon or sporting rifle . The AK 74 rifle was the new evolution of the AK design and shoots the 5.45x39 round.
Chinese Type 56 SKS Rifle Features
- Military Surplus
- Matching numbers on main external parts
- Original military issue Chinese Type 56 SKS
- 7.62x39 caliber
- 10 round non detachable box mag
- Folding Bayonet
- Collectable Chinese markings Factory 26" Jianshe Arsenal
- NRA Antique Firearm Rated Fair to Good Condition
Original Military issue Chinese Type 56 SKS rifles in 7.62x39 caliber with 10 round built in mag, featuring hardwood stock, folding bayonet. These rifles have seen active combat so they are in used condition, NRA rated Fair to Good. Please keep in mind these SKS rifles are Military Surplus, not trophy rifles. Stock sets may have dings, gouges, trench art or minor cracks, but all will be solid and serviceable just not pretty. Metal parts may have bluing worn off and rough stocks, but they will have good bores and are functioning rifles. We have not seen these rifles in the country for the last 20 or more years and may not see them again, adding collectability to these interesting firearms. Main external numbers will match the receiver, Stock, Bolt, bolt carrier and dust cover if they are marked . Overall these are cool and collectible Chinese SKS rifles with a lot of history behind them and a great addition to any collection. If you are looking for a Chicom SKS with battle character and flavor this will fit your needs, they have been very popular with Vietnam war collectors and reenactors. These rifles have been in storage for several years and will be coated in Cosmoline for protection. You will need to thoroughly clean the rifle and interior of the barrels before firing. This can be done using various methods as we cover on the video. Sorry no special request offered
Chinese Type 56 (1956–): Numerous minor tweaks, including lack of milling on the bolt carrier, partially or fully stamped (as opposed to milled) receivers, and differing types of thumb rest on the take down lever. The Chinese continually revised the SKS manufacturing process, so variation can be seen even between two examples from the same factory.
All of the Type 56 carbine rifles have been removed from military service, except a few being used for ceremonial purposes and by local Chinese Militias. Type 56 carbines with serial numbers below 9,000,000 have the Russian-style blade-type folding bayonet, while those 9,000,000 and higher have a "spike" type folding bayonet.
If you hold a C&R ffl we can ship these to you.
Pictures listed are taken of a average rifle condition may vary slightly but would be as described in the above description or better.
Graded NRA Fair to Good, please view the NRA Grade Guide to Antique Firearms for more information .
The item is Surplus and there is no warranty expressed or implied .
Condition Standards for Antique/Surplus Firearms (As defined by the National Rifle Association)
- FACTORY NEW- all original parts; 100% original finish; in perfect condition in every respect, inside and out.
- EXCELLENT- all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; unmarred wood; fine bore.
- FINE- all original parts; over 30% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; minor marks in wood, good bore.
- VERY GOOD- all original parts; none to 30% original finish; original metal surfaces smooth with all edges sharp; clear lettering, numerals and design on metal; wood slightly scratched or bruised; bore disregarded for collectors firearms.
- GOOD- some minor replacement parts; metal smoothly rusted or lightly pitted in places, cleaned or reblued; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal legible; wood refinished, scratched, bruised or minor cracks repaired; in good working order.
- FAIR- some major parts replaced; minor replacement parts may be required; metal rusted, may be lightly pitted all over, vigorously cleaned or reblued; rounded edges of metal and wood; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal partly obliterated; wood scratched, bruised, cracked or repaired where broken; in fair working order or can be easily repaired and placed in working order.
- POOR- major and minor parts replaced; major replacement parts required and extensive restoration needed; metal deeply pitted; principal lettering, numerals and design obliterated; wood badly scratched, bruised, cracked or broken; mechanically inoperative; generally undesirable as a collectors firearm
California Clients :: We will be glad to ship to CA if your dealer is willing to accept the transfer. Please confirm this with your dealer Before placing the order.
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have.