Portuguese Mauser Rifle & Bayonet
Military Surplus firearms, parts and accessories. Great collectible items with rich history and make a wonderful addtion to anyones collection. Includes surplus firearms, replicas and accessories.
Portuguese Mauser Rifle
- Portuguese Mauser Rifle
- 1904/39 8mm
- 23.75 Inch barrel
- NRA Good condition
- Bolt action
- 5 Round capacity
- Iron sights
- Portuguese King Carlos Crest on each rifle
- DWM Berlin markings
- Espingardia Portugueza MOD 1904 marked
- Blued finish
- Matching numbers on main parts of rifle
- Bayonet does not match
- European Walnut wood stock
- Curio & Relic FFL Eligible
Rare Portuguese Mauser Vergueiro Model 1904/39 Rifle. The Portuguese military rifle design that combines Mauser and Mannlicher features. The Portuguese Military contracted with DWM Germany to produce these rifles under contract. It was originally chambered in 6.5mm Vergueiro caliber (M1904), but after military refurbishment in 1939 it was upgraded to 8mm Mauser caliber (M1904/39). The receiver of this quality-made long arm features the collectible crest and name of Portugal's King Carlos. The rifle also is marked Espingardia Portugueza MOD 1904 & Deutsche Waffen -Und- Munitionsfxbriken-Berlin .Serial numbers match on main visible parts except for cleaning rod and bayonet. Import markings are small and on the underside of the barrel . These are very scarce and will make a great addition to your rifle collection . Comes with bayonet
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. You must talk to your FFL BEFORE you place your order, to make sure they will handle the transfer & legality of the firearm in your area. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have. By placing an order with Atlantic Firearms you are acknowledging and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions outlined in the Terms And Conditions section.
Condition Standards for Antique/Surplus Firearms (As defined by the National Rifle Association)
- FACTORY NEW- all original parts; 100% original finish; in perfect condition in every respect, inside and out.
- EXCELLENT- all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; unmarred wood; fine bore.
- FINE- all original parts; over 30% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; minor marks in wood, good bore.
- VERY GOOD- all original parts; none to 30% original finish; original metal surfaces smooth with all edges sharp; clear lettering, numerals and design on metal; wood slightly scratched or bruised; bore disregarded for collectors firearms.
- GOOD- some minor replacement parts; metal smoothly rusted or lightly pitted in places, cleaned or reblued; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal legible; wood refinished, scratched, bruised or minor cracks repaired; in good working order.
- FAIR- some major parts replaced; minor replacement parts may be required; metal rusted, may be lightly pitted all over, vigorously cleaned or reblued; rounded edges of metal and wood; principal lettering, numerals and design on metal partly obliterated; wood scratched, bruised, cracked or repaired where broken; in fair working order or can be easily repaired and placed in working order.
- POOR- major and minor parts replaced; major replacement parts required and extensive restoration needed; metal deeply pitted; principal lettering, numerals and design obliterated; wood badly scratched, bruised, cracked or broken; mechanically inoperative; generally undesirable as a collectors firearm.
The process of grading and inspecting surplus firearms is very subjective and involves numerous details. We always try our best to be as accurate as possible, but we do not inspect firearms and rely on the rating provided by the importer. It is important with the nature of surplus firearms that it be thoroughly cleaned and inspected before use, preferably by a knowledgeable and trained Gunsmith. Please make sure that you are using the correct ammo for the firearm and understand the safe operating procedure.There is no warranty or returns offered on surplus firearms unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by email with [email protected].
Acceptance of NRA Condition Rating
By purchasing this surplus item you acknowledge that you have read and understand the NRA Rating System for surplus items as defined by the National Rifle Association outlined in the product description. The NRA Rating system provides a nationally recognized standard to judge the surplus condition. Please make sure you have reviewed the condition rating and the NRA rating list posted in the item listing.Any returned surplus items that fall within these ratings will be subject to our return restocking policy.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov